Monday, May 21, 2007

All throughout the Bible, we see great people who walked with God, but they still faced many trials and temptations. Look at how Paul saw his struggles,

"And because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh." He had a struggle. Not a literal thorn in his skin, but something that was hindering him or weighing him down. He goes on to say that his thorn was "a messenger of Satan to buffet me- to keep me from exalting myself!" So here, Paul states that Satan sent this particular problem, but it's keeping Paul from exalting himself or becoming prideful. Satan meant for this thorn to weaken Paul's work, but Paul didn't let that happen. "Concerning this (the thorn) I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.' Paul got it! He understood that God uses our weaknesses. Even those from Satan! Think about the weaknesses in your life; the things you wish would just go away.

Maybe you think, "I would be able to serve God better if I didn't struggle with this." Whatever it is, we see that we have the power to overcome and that God can use our experiences for His kingdom! Look how Paul wrapped this up, "Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Let that sink in a minute. Paul was facing the same things we face today. Yet, he decided to turn them into areas where Christ was magnified through victory. And the same God that was helping Paul and giving him strength, is the same God that empowers us to overcome the battles we face today. Those things that Satan has thrown into our lives that hinder our walk with God, every single one of them, can be turned into a God-glorifying weakness. For when you are weak, then you are strong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home